To become the center of excellence and the aspiration in the discipline of software engineering by producing highly skilled professionals, who with their analytical capabilities and proficiencies apply the technical knowledge for socio-economic development.
To provide a technically sound ambiance of learning and realizing the frequently changing traits of the software industry to pursue sustainable socio-economic growth with the sense of ethics, professionalism and leadership to serve the community and humanity at large.
To produce engineers, who can work in constantly changing disciplines and to join an appropriate and respectable level position in a computing-related field, and to maintain their professional skills in rapidly evolving field.
To produce graduates, who can apply concepts, theories and practices to provide innovative and creative solutions for complex software systems and computing problems.
To prepare graduates with strong sense of professional & ethical values to work effectively both as an individual and collaboratively in a team environment.
1. Engineering Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: An ability to identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design / Development of Solutions: An ability to design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Investigation: An ability to investigate complex engineering problems in a methodical way including literature survey, design and conduct of experiments, analysis and interpretation of experimental data, and synthesis of information to derive valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tool Usage: An ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The Engineer and Society: An ability to apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solution to complex engineering problems.
7. Environment and Sustainability: An ability to understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
9. Individual and Teamwork: An ability to work effectively, as an individual or in a team, on multifaceted and /or multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: An ability to communicate effectively, orally as well as in writing, on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management: An ability to demonstrate management skills and apply engineering principles to one's own work, as a member and/or leader in a team, to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
12. Lifelong Learning: An ability to recognize importance of and pursue lifelong learning in the broader context of innovation and technological developments.
|F16SW||3||Dr. Sania Bhatti|
|17SW||2||Engr. Zubair Sangi|
|18SW||3||Engr. Zahid Khaskheli|
|19SW||3||Engr. Junaid Baloch|
|Key Performance Indicators||2018-2019
01-July 2018 to 30-June 2019
|Training & Workshop/Seminar (Organized)||1. National/International Guest lectures - 4||Partially Achieved|
|2. National workshop on Emerging Technologies||Achieved|
|3. Fresh PhD faculty talk about their research - 2||Pending|
|4. OBE-based training for faculty - 2||Achieved|
|5. National Seminars - 4||Achieved|
|6. Software Project Expo 18||Achieved|
International Conferences (Participated)
|1. National/International Seminars - 2||Pending|
|2. National Workshops - 2||Pending|
|3. National/International Conferences - 4||Achieved(6 International Accepted)|
|4. National/International Travel Grants - 3||Achieved (3 National & 2 International approved)|
|Funded Research Project (Applied/Approved)||1. NRPU/TDF/PSF - 3||Pending|